The Hispanic Club is largest Spanish School in Auckland and was formed at the University of Auckland in October 2001. The Hispanic Club works to promote Spanish and Latin American Culture in New Zealand. Our aim is to develop the teaching and learning of Spanish, and encourage communication between Iberophiles and hispanophiles and all New Zealanders through our modern cultural and educational programme.
Our Spanish Language Courses
We have been offering the highest-quality Spanish and Salsa teaching instruction for almost 20 years. With 100s students a year, we are the largest language school in New Zealand dedicated to the instruction of Spanish.
- Instructors: Native Spanish speakers, experienced and fully qualified to teach Spanish as a foreign language (ELE). All Spanish teachers hold University degrees in Education.
- Method: Developing communication skills through the latest communicative and task based approaches in Spanish teaching and by incorporating the use of video, audio, and printed materials, carefully selected to best fit New Zealand students' needs.
- Courses: A wide variety of courses at all levels and interests for adults, teenagers, children and toddlers are scheduled at various convenient times. Class Sizes: Classes have a maximum of around 10 students to ensure a personalised, student-centred experience.
- Prices: Our prices are the best we can offer, the course price includes free coursebooks.
- Course Levels: We teach Spanish to students of all ages, levels and ability.
- Specialist courses: We offer corporate classes and specialty courses tailored to your particular needs and outcomes.
- Technique: Our teaching conforms to the guidelines of the Common European Framework of References for languages. Learn about our courses
The Spanish Institute is a member of the following associations:
- STANZA (Spanish Teachers Association of New Zealand)
- NZALT (New Zealand Association of Language Teachers)
- LANZBC (Latin America New Zealand Business Council)
We offer a range of cultural events including exhibitions, special movie screenings and guest speakers. In cooperation with organisations in the community we offer a variety of community events including the Spanish Language Month, monthly Spanish Market, Film Festivals, Spanish cooking lessons, Spanish and Latin American wine tastings etc.