Beginners French Courses in Auckland and Wellington (A1)
Learn to speak French in Auckland and Wellington with our fun 8 week French language courses and classes taught by expert native French teachers from France and start speaking French today!. In our French A1 language lessons you will learn French Pronunciation, Greetings, Questions, Colors and Directions. Furthermore every lesson will include something about French Culture and People.
Our French Language Course Program follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and ranges from Level A1 to C2.
- The French Al level is broken down into A1.1, A1.2, A1.3 and A1.4 units. .
- Beginners French A1 = Ncea Level 1 French and the following University 100 level courses (University of Auckland French 101 and Victoria University Fren101)
French Course objectives for A1 are :
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic French phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce themselves and others in and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people they know and things they have.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly in French and is prepared to help.
- I can recognise familiar words and very basic phrases concerning myself, my family and immediate concrete surroundings when people speak slowly and clearly.
- You can understand familiar names, words and very simple sentences, for example on notices and posters or in catalogues.
- You can interact in a simple way provided the other person is prepared to repeat or rephrase things at a slower rate of speech and help me formulate what I'm trying to say.
- You can ask and answer simple questions in areas of immediate need or on very familiar topics.
- You can use simple phrases and sentences to describe where you live and people you know.
- You can write a short, simple postcard, for example sending holiday greetings.
- You can fill in forms with personal details, for example entering my name, nationality and address on a hotel registration form.
- Alter Ego + 1 Methode de Francais, 2012 [With CD] By Annie Berthet et all. 978-2-01-155810-7.. Readily available at online bookstores and downloadable pdfs.
- Alter Ego + Series of textbooks used in Universities and schools worldwide such as the University of Auckland, Monash University, University of Singapore, University of Lucknow, University of Texas, University of Sydney, Oxford University, Alliance Fraincais and many more...
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
French School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington
- $150, includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from France and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
French courses start all year round - Enrol today!
French courses for beginners 1 (A1-1)